Saturday, May 2, 2009

Happy May!

Wow ... Can you believe it's MAY already? Well, neither can I ... and as usual, I'm getting further and further behind. With that said though, I'd like to wish my beautiful granddaughter Kaylee a Happy Happy Birthday!!! She's eight years old today ... uh .... yesterday May 1 (see, told ya I was behind!) Anyhow, her card and gift got mailed ON her birthday, so hopefully she'll get it by Monday and have a whole new week of celebrating!

Today we're going to Biloxi, MS to celebrate our 12th anniversay .... which was in March ... see how it goes? Anyhow -- it'll be fun, and getting to spend some quality time with my "sweetheart" is always wonderful!

So ... obviously I'll be getting a little bit more behind on stitching. I hope to put my new design -- "Let Freedom Sing!" out by June 1, so methinks I better stitch a little faster (gosh I miss my wonderful ladies who stitch for me .... where are you Tia Mary and Lisa??) Anyhow, the new design is going to be really, really cute! The birds are singing their little hearts out -- with the help of our ladybug -- and the "Just Another Button Company" stars are looking exceptionally patriotic. The design is stitched on a gorgeous hand-dyed Jobelan from Wichelt ("Bluebell"), and we used threads from Crescent Colours and Weeks Dye Works, with some DMC included. The whole design revolves around a country-inspired flag, and we used several different stitches in this -- cross stitch, back stitch, double herringbone, algerian eyelet, rhodes and satin stitch. Not to worry -- every specialty stitch is illustrated and instructions are clear (at least to me!) I'll try to put up a teaser later this week to give you a preview!

Have a wonderful week and an absolutely gorgeous and blessed May.

With Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment